Every year I find myself shocked that another year has passed that I’ve been this sweet girl’s nanny and that she is, in fact, one whole year older. And man does 7 seem OLD! haha. She’s a real deal big kid now. It’s NUTS!! She’s the best and I’m so glad she’s in my life. Even if she calls me out on a regular basis for being single at 29. ;)
Since we are currently packing up like crazy people for a weekend away and I’m writing this early to post while we’re gone on her actual birthday, I’m going to just write a few bullet points about this little lady:
- She’s obsessed with her long hair. Even though we try to get her to get a bob haircut which would be ADORABLE… she loves it long so she can braid it or pony tail it or bun it or wear it down.
- She’s soon goofy. She loves goofy jokes and silly faces and laughing.
- She’s SUPER positive. Totally glass half full. She looks on the bright side of even the darkest parts of her life (granted those are things like… her favorite leggings got a hole in them and we have to throw them out… “well, I’m really sad I have to throw them away, but … I guess… at least I have other pairs to wear.”)
- She’s surprisingly competitive and aggressive. She seems really sweet and innocent but she’ll throw elbows out on the soccer field or swim her fastest race when she’s next to someone she knows is faster than her that she wants to try to beat. It’s fun for me to watch because I’m uber competitive!
- She’s a crazy good swimmer. I mean I know she’s only 6/7, but she’s probably already faster than me! She’s great at freestyle, but loves breaststroke and butterfly the most which is ridiculous because those are so dang hard! Her favorite race is the 100 IM – CRAZY GIRL!
- Her favorite color is Teal. I think? … It changes rapidly.
- She maintains a love of the Green Bay Packers despite all the Broncos propaganda she’s subjected too here ;)
- She loves to sew. And Sew’s with my mom (Mrs. Captain) when she’s in Wisconsin.
- Her absolute favorite food is Sushi. Burgers are a close second. And all fruits – she hasn’t met a fruit she didn’t LOVE.
- Speaking of food… she can eat SO much food.
- She’s a big fan of one-on-one time where she can really sit and talk and be listened to without the interruption of other people. Namely her brother.
- She loves books and is starting to work her way into reading small chapter books by herself!
- Her favorite holiday miiiight just be the 4th of July. Although she loves whatever holiday is most recently occurring so I could be that…
- She’s a really big hearted girl who loves to love her family and friends!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA BEAN!! You are an amazing, talented, sweet, loving, goofy, wonderful little lady and I am so happy I get to be a part of your life every day! You are also getting to be such a gorgeous lady who’s all gangly arms and leg and big smile … look at you!
Like I said… she loved 4th of July… this is her red, white and blue dress and red “heels” from the holiday this year!
Such a goofball.
Future modeling career??
One minute she’s nicely smiling, the next she’s a goof!
Love you bushels baby girl! -Katie